At People’s Care, we take pride in providing a natural, comfortable, safe and nurturing environment for adults with developmental disabilities aged 18 to 59 through our specialized Residential Care programs. Our expert Direct Support Professionals take a team approach to developing an individualized support plan for each consumer we serve.
The support plan generally includes:
- Supporting consumers to meet their Life Quality Outcomes defined in their Individual Program Plan
- Supervising and providing support to the individual’s daily living needs
- Providing daily access to meaningful social and recreational outings and activities through consumer choice
- Maximizing each individual’s abilities and independence by teaching independent living skills such as cooking and shopping
- Improving communication skills through speech and language therapy
- Working closely with the entire circle of support to promote continuity of care
At People’s Care, we believe that building a trusting relationship with each individual that resides in our home is key to his or her success. We encourage and foster open communication with each individual’s social support. We also respect the cultural uniqueness of all individuals in our homes, encouraging each of them to maintain his or her cultural, family and/or religious heritage.